This item contains an Epson L800/L805 Printer modified for DTF printing, plus RIP and accessories you will need to get started in your own DTF business! Includes:
- NEW Epson L800/L805 Printer (modified for DTF, A4 DTF Sheet Printing)
- DTF Sheet Exit Tray / Platform - to guide the Transfer Sheets out of the printer after they have been printed and avoid the paper getting buckled or caught by the rollers. Prevents film curling and ink smearing
- OEM L800/L805 Ink Tank System (no cartridges needed)
- DTF RIP Software (capable of single-pass white and color printing)
- Limited onboarding support (30 mins)
Perfect for entry level customers who want to get into the DTF business. What's NOT Included but you may need:
- DTF Inks (we recommend KODAK DTF INKS or DTF PRO inks, available on this website, sold separately)
- DTF PreTreat Sheets (aka Transfer Sheets or DTF Transfer Paper, available on this website, sold separately)
- DTF PreTreat Powder (aka Transfer Powder, available on this website, sold separately)
- DTF PRO Powder Heat Station (to cure the powder to the printed sheets, or you can use a low temperature oven or microwave or heat-press hover)
- Windows 7 or higher Computer (PC) with an available USB port
- Heat press for finishing (curing) the final print to your garment - We recommend a 16x20s heat press
- Humidifier (to keep the humidity above 40% in the print room) - recommended
- Maintenance / Cleaning Accessories
- Personal Training (2 Hour Personal Training Sessions are sold separately for $299)
* This is a DIY type item which requires practice and patience to hone your skills. Just like any product or business venture, you can't expect it to make you money out the box - you need to work at it and hone your skills. DTF is not a complicated technology, but it does have a learning curve. There are many resources online (videos, forums, groups) that can provide you with guidance, tips and advice - and we will recommend and provide some of these resources to our customers. The price of this item includes a limited onboarding of approximately 30 mins. We will guide you on how to use the printer and software, and many customers do just fine with the 30 min onboarding. If you find that you will need more support, you could buy the 2 hour personal training (sold separately, which you can buy in advance or at a later time), and/or plan to learn on your own through through practice and by using the resources that we we will provide to you.
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, there is a 2-4 week estimated lead time. Orders are shipped on a first ordered, first shipped basis. Due to this being a modified printer, it does not come with the original Epson warranty, but it does come with the DTFPRO 6 month limited warranty to be free of defects in workmanship and materials. BENEFITS OVER TONER TRANSFER & DTG TECHNOLOGY:
- As compared to TONER TRANSFER technology (such as Okidata or Uninet iColor), DTF offers a cheaper startup cost (approx 50% cheaper); cheaper supplies (cheaper ink and cheaper transfer sheets); easier RIP management; better photographic quality prints; and better feel to the hand. DTF also prints to both WHITE or BLACK (or dark) textiles, and is applicable to a variety of textiles including cotton, poly and more.
- As compared to DTG technology (such as Epson, Ricoh, Brother or other DTG based systems), DTF offers a cheaper startup cost (approx 50% to 75% cheaper) and NO PRETREATMENT required (less cost and less user dependency), although you will require DTF PreTreat Sheets and DTF PreTreat Powder . The print quality and the feel of the printed textiles is very similar to DTG. The substrates that DTF will work on are much wider than DTG (DTG is mainly for cotton, but DTF will work on cotton, poly, 50/50 blends and more).