Our universal pretreatment is a great product to make your shop's workers and/or your life much easier! Use on both light or dark garments! Temperature to press garments will depend on the color but for the majority of them will be at 342F/172C. Please cure white ink prints at 342F/172C for 90-130 seconds, it will also depend on your ink type to cure fully.
Here's what Anthony Creek recommends:
- Hang dry then press 3 times to push fibers down 8 seconds each press.
- Press 3 intervals of 17 seconds each. You need to make sure that the pretreat is dry. 3 presses push all the fibers down giving the best print. You may need to increase the amount of pretreat and drying time for thicker items.
- Conveyor drying: Conveyor dry at 330F for 3 minutes and 3 presses of 8 second intervals depending on how much pretreat is applied.
Usually on t shirts you will need about 23 grams of pretreat and 46 for hoodies.
We strived to create a pretreat that is/does the following:
- Conveyor Friendly
- Decreases Pinholes
- Knocks Down Fibers Well
- Can Be Hang Dried
- Works With Blended Garments
- Enhances White Ink Opacity
- Fewer Staining Issues Than our Previous Version
- Works with many DTG's
- Good Stretch
- Concentrate Available for Cheaper Shipping Options
- Increase in Washability
- Great Price
This Pretreatment is a non-toxic spray that needs to be applied with a machine or mask. This pretreat is a great all in one solution to not have to switch pretreat!
Triblends, cottons and mixed cottons will work well and print well. All Direct to Garment Printers that print white ink on dark garments require some sort of garment pretreatment. Usually the pretreatment is a spray and you spray the shirt and hit it with a heat press.
This lays down all the fibers, giving you a nice, smooth garment to print. Be sure to use our Kraft paper for darks instead of parchment paper to achieve the best quality print. The pretreatment also helps ink to adhere to the garment, giving you a more vibrant final print and little or no fibrillation (small fibers sticking up out of the ink)
PRETREATMENT IS A SERIOUS PRODUCT AND SHOULD PROPER MATERIALS SUCH AS GOGGLES AND MASKS SHOULD BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN APPLYING. IT IS NON TOXIC BUT CAN BE TOXIC TO THE BODY IF INHALED. REMEMBER THAT PRETREATMENT IS GLUE, YOU BREATHE IN GLUE AND YOUR BODY WILL REACT TO THIS NEGATIVELY OVER TIME.