Works with Ricoh DTG Printers!
DTF PreTreat Powder - works with all DTF printers utilizing DTF ink and DTF PreTreat Sheets or Rolls.
- WHITE DTF POWDER is best for use with WHITE or LIGHT colored garments.
- BLACK DTF POWDER is best for use with BLACK or DARK colored garments.
Revolutionary Technology - DTF PreTreat Powder - works with all DTF printers on the market! The process of heat transfer of textile ink to the film can be done on a variety of fabrics such as cotton and polyester. When printing using a DTF or DTG printer, you will first need to print to the DTF sheets / film. Then, add DTF powder to cover the print before curing. Wear protective masks when operating your DTF equipment and processes and operate in a well ventilated room with a filtration system. What is DTF PreTreat Powder, technically speaking?
DTF PreTreat Powder is a proprietary DTFPRO branded, specially formulated Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) Hot Melt Adhesive Powder, also referred to as transfer powder, transfer film, or DTF Transfer Powder. If that was a mouthful, don't worry, here is what you really need to know. How do I use DTF PreTreat Powder ?
DTF TRANSFER is accomplished using DTF PreTreat Sheets (aka Transfer Sheets), and DTF PreTreat Powder (aka Transfer Powder).
First, you print (using your DTG or DTF machine, with textile ink or DTF ink) to DTF PreTreat Sheets or Rolls; then cover your print with DTF PreTreat Powder ? powder; and heat press it to your Garments or Textiles. You can either print in COLOR, for transfer to WHITE textiles, or you can print 1 layer of COLOR then 1 layer of WHITE, if you're transfering to DARK / BLACK textiles. But what's the benefit of DTF (Direct to Film) if the purpose of DTG is, by definition, Direct To Garment, and with DTF you're introducing a transfer sheet?
Traditional transfer printing been around for ages, and specifically used in the heat transfer or sublimation print markets. So what are the benefits of DTF? There are a few actually, and they are significant:
- DTF allows for transfers to dark shirts (due to white DTF ink) - something regular heat transfers can't do
- DTF results in more breathable prints, smooth to touch, and flexible - something regular heat transfers can't do
- DTF does not require cutting out the image on the transfer - something regular heat transfers can't do
- DTF results in more vivid colors than heat transfers
OK, so the above shows the substantial advantages that DTF offers over HEAT TRANSFER (or even SUBLIMATION). But what benefits does DTF have over DTG?
Well there are 2, and they are also substantial:
- DTF eliminates the need for PRETREATMENT! No more extra pretreatment / chemical steps for your dark shirt prints. Eliminate the hassle of pretreatment by using DTF PreTreat Powder and DTF PreTreat Sheets
- DTF allow you to get your printed images to MANY MORE materials and substrates (Lycra, cotton, nylon, swimsuit fabrics, high-elasticity fabrics, chemical fiber or shoes , hats, bags etc)
And best of all, DTF PRO's DTF products with all DTF printers and engines!