This item contains a Canon TS8000 series Printer or equivalent modified for DTF use - plus refillable cartridges. RIP not included (not required), as printing is only for WHITE t-shirts or other white apparel. Includes:
- 1 x NEW Canon TS8000 series Printer or equivalent modified for DTF printing
- 6 x DTF PRO Empty Refillable Cartridges (includes 6 cartridges)
Perfect for DIY customers who want to get into the DTF business. What's NOT Included but you may need:
- DTF Inks (we recommend DTF PRO inks, available on this website, sold separately)
- DTF PreTreat Sheets (aka Transfer Sheets or DTF Transfer Paper, available on this website, sold separately) - only works with A4, not A3
- DTF PreTreat Powder (aka Transfer Powder, available on this website, sold separately)
- DTF PRO Powder Heat Station (to cure the powder to the printed sheets, or you can use a low temperature oven or microwave or heat-press hover)
- Windows 7 or higher Computer (PC) with an available USB port
- Heat press for finishing (curing) the final print to your garment - We recommend a 16x20s heat press
- Humidifier (to keep the humidity above 40% in the print room) - recommended
- Personal Training (2 Hour Personal Training Sessions are sold separately for $299)
- DTF Sheet Platform or Vacuum (to guide the PreTreat Sheets to come out of the printer smoothly)
NOTE: This is a DIY item, warrantied to be new and in perfect working condition out the box, but does not come with support and is non-returnable as you are buying this item to modify/install with your own custom built DTF system. You may find open sources and videos for DIY and how-to videos on websites, groups and on youtube. You are responsible for your own conversion and this purchase does not come with any warranty.
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, there is a 2-5 week estimated lead time. Orders are shipped on a first ordered, first shipped basis. This is a modified printer, as such does not come with a warranty or support from Epson. DTFPRO provides a 6 month limited warranty. BENEFITS OVER TONER TRANSFER & DTG TECHNOLOGY:
- As compared to TONER TRANSFER technology (such as Okidata or Uninet iColor), DTF offers a cheaper startup cost (approx 50% cheaper); cheaper supplies (cheaper ink and cheaper transfer sheets); easier RIP management; better photographic quality prints; and better feel to the hand. DTF also prints to both WHITE or BLACK (or dark) textiles, and is applicable to a variety of textiles including cotton, poly and more.
- As compared to DTG technology (such as Epson, Ricoh, Brother or other DTG based systems), DTF offers a cheaper startup cost (approx 50% to 75% cheaper) and NO PRETREATMENT required (less cost and less user dependency), although you will require DTF PreTreat Sheets and DTF PreTreat Powder . The print quality and the feel of the printed textiles is very similar to DTG. The substrates that DTF will work on are much wider than DTG (DTG is mainly for cotton, but DTF will work on cotton, poly, 50/50 blends and more).