Terms & Conditions
- Before Buying a Specialty Printer – what you should know
- What You Will Need (not included in your purchase)
- Customer Responsibilities
- Limited Warranty
- Custom Items
Before buying a Specialty printer
A specialty printer (such as DTG, DTF, UV, Transfer, Sublimation or other Specialty printer), will allow you to print your own designs to a variety of substrates depending on the printer technology. DTG or DTF for example will allow you to print amazing full color prints on light and dark shirts in just a few minutes. You can be doing short runs with no setups, no color separations, no tear down - and you are getting more than wholesale for a shirt – you will love it!
There is a learning curve to Specialty printing (much like screen printing or other forms of printing). It takes time and experimentation to become proficient and knowledgeable about your new craft
The secret to success is proper printer maintenance and adhererence to instructions and procedures (applies to all equipment), proper pretreatment (DTG), proper use of PreTreat Sheets or Transfer Sheets (DTF, Transfer or Sublimation):
- Proper Printer Maintenance takes 5-10 mins daily, details are included in our instruction manuals (print nozzle test / print head cleaning / wet capping etc)
- Proper Pretreatment is necessary for DTG printing (separate pre-treatment hand sprayer or automatic sprayer are needed, as well as heat press)
You may have to work on and troubleshoot your printer at some point. Between user error and just the effects of use over time you may encounter errors and will learn to fix them, with DTG PRO's assistance.
You may need to climate control your print room. DTF and DTG work best in room temperature conditions (70 -75) degrees and humidity from 45% - 60% (50% + is needed at times). A humidifier may be needed if you have unusually low humidity in your environment.
Inks will clog if not used often, especially if the printer is left idle more than a couple of days or proper maintenance on the printer or inks is not conducted. There are many unclogging procedures available to you (including the printer's self-cleaning function, and a more forceful manual flush with our flush system).
Never take customer orders until you have learned how to use the printer and pretreatment.
Every day that you use the printer you will need to do Maintenance. A routine of 5-10 minutes of cleaning the printer prior to using, is easy and quick.
Join a community of users, such as online user groups and forums for T-shirt printing. You will learn and share knowledge that will be valuable to you and your business.
Ensure you have RIP software (such as AcroRIP, CADLINK, EKPRINT etc.) if none is provided with your purchase.
What you will need (not included in your purchase, and varies by Specialty printer type DTG, DTF, etc):
- Windows 7 or higher Computer (PC) with an available USB port. Artwork design software like Gimp, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW
- RIP Software (if not already included in your purchase) and RIP software training or support. We do not support RIP software, we only have the ability to share what other users are having success with.
- Heat press for curing the pretreatment and final prints. We recommend a 16x20 inch press.
- Wagner Hand Sprayer or Automatic pretreat machine to apply pretreatment (required for printing with white ink to dark garments with DTG)
- A Humidifier to keep the humidity above 40% in the print room, if you have low humidity in your room / environment
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide a clean and climate friendly work space to print in.
Humidity of 45% - 65% and temperatures of 70 – 75 degrees Fahrenheit must be maintained at all times while ink is installed in printer. Failure to keep these tolerances may cause clogging and other issues that will then require extensive cleaning measures.
- Understanding that inks are water-based textile inks and will clog the Printheads if the machine is left unused for more than a couple of days (and the humidity/temperature climate is not optimal). Clogging is nothing to be scared of, if it occurs, you can resolve the clogs via a number of simple procedures (such as utilizing the cleaning function on the printer, or for a more advanced clean, you could flush the printheads with our provided flush system). To avoid and/or resolve clogs, you need to perform daily / weekly maintenance, and/or print frequently to keep the ink flowing. Maintenance takes 5 mins a day and needs to be part of your daily standard operating procedures.
- Understand and acknowledge that Printheads, Capping stations, and any other items that come in contact with ink and/or are subject to wear and tear, clogging or are consumable are not covered under our warranty, and there are no returns, exchanges or refunds for such items.
- Use DTGPRO or DTFPRO printer approved inks, supplies, and equipment for optimal results.
- Retain shipping crate or original packaging for 30-90 days and until no longer needed.
- Inspect your printer/delivery after receipt. If there is any noticeable damage (whether to the exterior crating/packaging, or the internal equipment) it needs to be reported to us within 3 business days of receipt of the printer along with photos, as we typically only have 5-7 days to file a claim with the carrier if one is warranted. Failure to report any damage within 3 business days after receipt may void the ability to make any claims.
- Agree to perform simple daily and weekly maintenance, including keeping print heads and capping stations cleaned.
- Apply all pretreatment (DTG related process) in a separate room isolated from the printer Printhead and other sensitive parts
- Agree and understand that all equipment and hardware sales (including printers, printheads, heaters, heat presses, curing ovens, powdering machines, etc) are final and no returns or refunds are permitted. Any issues would need to be addressed within the terms of the limited warranty. Order cancellation requests by the customer prior to the shipping out of your items are at the discretion of DTG PRO - should a cancellation request be approved after the build of your order has commenced, the order will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- Return requests for unopened consumable items (inks, film, powder) are evaluated on a case by case basis. Opened and/or used consumable item return or refund requests are not allowed. Manager discretion would apply to return requests for unopened items within 30 days of purchase. Any returns, if approved, are subject to a 15% restocking fee at manager's discretion, and less any shipping costs that we may have incurred in both directions (such as if you received free shipping).
- For all other return reasons (including customer error, voluntary customer return requests, refused parcels, parcels returned due to undeliverable addresses as provided by customer or other reasons not pertaining to incorrectly shipped/damaged/defective items), the customer is responsible to pay for the return shipping, and will be credited only for unopened/unused product less a 15% restocking fee and less any shipping losses that we incurred in both directions.
- Software and printhead purchases are not refundable/returnable.
- When virtual onboarding / training is offered or provided as part of a purchase, customers should participate in this training (typically 45 - 90 minutes) prior to operating their machine for the first time. Customers not participating in training will void any warranties. The training session may be recorded for troubleshooting / training purposes. Such training is focused on customer success, on ensuring that the customers printer is fully operational and that the customer understands how to operate and maintain it. Please have the required preparations done before the call to ensure you have an efficient onboarding. See below for Requirements / Preparedness for Onboarding or Training Calls.
- All issues must be remedied per warranty.
- Customer may be required to do troubleshooting and repairs with DTG PRO's help and direction.
- For orders placed that are approved for partial payment options (deposit payment only orders), the balance of payment will be due and payable when your order is ready to ship. We will reach out to you when your order is ready to ship and provide you with a 7 day window within which you need to make the balance of payment. The balance of payment will be required via cashiers check or ACH / Wire Transfer. If you are unable to complete the purchase of your order or you need to cancel your order for any reason, your order will be subject to the 15% restocking fee (15% of the order total).
- When using our products and equipment to create outstanding finished products, it's very important to exercise important safety and precautionary procedures. Specialty printing (including sublimation, DTG / Pre-Treatment, DTF, WTT / White Toner Transfer, UV / Ultraviolet and other types of printing processes) result in particles which can cause irritation. Various printing products and processes can also result in fumes that may be hazardous, which is why it is always recommended to work in a well-ventilated environment, exercise fume extraction and use personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We do not collect taxes for international locations since we are shipping out of the USA. Customers outside the USA are responsible for any duties or tax related charges assessed by Customs in your country, and we are not responsible for any delays at Customs
- We make every effort to deliver products within a reasonable timeframe, but circumstances outside of our control may cause delays. As such, delivery times are never guaranteed nor promised, and we do not accept returns or offer refunds solely based on a delivery being later than expected. We encourage our customers to plan their orders accordingly, and to contact us with any questions or concerns they may have regarding delivery times.
Requirements / Preparedness for Onboarding or Training Calls:
The following will be required for any onboarding or training call that is scheduled with our support team:
- A stable and sufficient internet connection
- An A to B usb cable
- A windows computer (NO CHROMEBOOK - S MODE - TOUCHSCREEN)
- A mobile phone with a camera. A video conferencing link (typically Zoom) will be sent out to you DURING the onboarding. Please download the app to your smartphone prior to the training.
- A remote desktop connection will need to be established (typically AnyDesk) and pre-installed on your computer (instructions will be sent)
- Do not install any ink/drivers on your computer prior to completing the onboardings or the warranty might be voided
- Remove all packaging tapes/foam in (open the printer's lid and check) and out of your printer
DTGPRO warrants the "Products" (Printers, Heat Presses, Heating Stations or any other Equipment or product that is offered for sale or is sold by us and/or that the customer may buy) to be free from defects in workmanship and materials (warranty does not include consumable or wear and tear items such as printing heads, ink cartridges, capping stations, tubes/tubing, inks, films, solutions etc. which are subject to wear and tear and/or consumable over time). Specialty printer Products are modified or rebuilt using OEM parts, printers or engines, color and style is subject to change based on availability. The original warranty by the OEM printer / engine manufacturers (such as Epson ® , Ricoh ® , etc) is voided , customers should not expect nor contact the OEM printer manufacturer for support or warranty, all warranty claims should be addressed to DTGPRO directly as DTGPRO is the direct provider of the warranty. The warranty is valid for a period of up to 180 days from date of purchase (unless stated lower on the product page) for parts and labor provided that the unit is properly maintained and operated under normal use and that the customer has participated in DTGPRO provided onboarding/training (if applicable) before operating the machine for the first time. This warranty does not authorize any on-site repair and is considered to be a "depot" warranty which requires that the unit or defective part must be returned freight prepaid to DTGPRO in CA for repair. Warranty does not cover (a) Physical damage to the Product; (b) Damage caused by improper installation, failure to follow the proper instructions or to perform preventive maintenance, improper or abnormal use, misuse, neglect or accident (including but not limited to improper storage or transporting the Product without the proper preparation and/or packaging); (c) unauthorized adjustments, modifications or addition of accessories; (d) normal wear and tear or (e) external causes such as accidents or other actions or events beyond our reasonable control or the reasonable use of the product. Examples of scenarios not covered by warranty include but are not limited to printhead clogs or electrical damage caused by physical liquid spills inside the printer. This limited warranty is VOID if The Product has been altered or modified in any way (including but not limited to attempted warranty repair without authorization from DTGPRO and/or alteration/removal of the serial number). If a warranty claim is received from the customer and a product return is authorized, any such product is subject to inspection and testing on return. If a returned product is found to be damaged / defective or non-functional as a result of customer abuse, misuse, tampering, improper installation, improper usage (or any other non-warranty covered reason), the customer will be responsible to pay for all incurred shipping costs (including shipping of the printer to DTGPRO for inspection, as well as shipping the product back to the customer), and the customer will also be responsible for any repair related costs should repairs be possible and offered to the customer. DTGPRO reserves the right not to repair or not to offer repair services for any product that is returned for out of warranty reasons.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless DTGPRO, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (collectively the "Service Providers") from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your product usage (including negligent, unsafe or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person using the product(s).
Replacement parts such as print heads are available from either DTGPRO and/or various alternative suppliers. Should a return for repair be necessary, DTG PRO will provide assistance locating an approved shipping company. The unit must be insured for the full retail value. If the unit is shipped by a non-approved company or is not in original packaging when it arrives, DTG PRO reserves the right to refuse the shipment. These steps eliminate potential for damage in shipping. If a returned product is found to be damaged / defective or non-functional as a result of customer abuse, misuse, tampering, improper installation, improper usage (or any other non-warranty covered reason), the customer will be responsible to pay for all incurred shipping costs (including shipping of the printer to DTGPRO for inspection, as well as shipping the product back to the customer), and the customer will also be responsible for any repair related costs should repairs be possible and offered to the customer. DTGPRO reserves the right not to repair or not to offer repair services for any product that is returned for out of warranty reasons.
Although every effort has been made to provide accurate specifications, DTGPRO does not assume any liability for damages, whether consequential or incidental, that may result from the use or misuse of this product or from damage caused by unit modifications made by the user. DTG PRO reserves the right to alter specifications in the manufacture of its products.
It is understood and agreed that DTGPRO's liability in contract, in tort, under any warranty, in negligence, in strict liability or otherwise shall not exceed the return of the amount of the purchased price paid by Buyer. Not withstanding the foregoing provision, under no circumstances shall DTG PRO be liable for special, indirect, contingent or consequential damages (including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of use or production or loss of capital), even if it has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The price stated for the equipment is a consideration in limiting DTG PRO's liability. No action regardless of form, arising out of the transactions under this Agreement may be brought by Buyer more than one (1) year after the cause of action has occurred. Our warranty as specified is exclusive and no other warranty, whether written or oral, is expressed or implied. DTG PRO specifically disclaims the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
This warranty initiates from date of shipment to original customer. It is non-transferable.
This warranty does not extend to the print head or expendable parts such as dampers. This warranty does not cover a unit that has been subject to misuse, neglect, negligence, accident, or unit that has been operated in any way contrary to the manual and operating procedures specified by DTG PRO. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from improper maintenance, lack of proof of maintenance as outlined by DTG PRO, improper shipping, damage caused by disasters, such as fire, flood, and lightning, improper electrical current, software problems, interaction with non-DTG PRO products, or service other than by DTG PRO.
Written authorization must be obtained from DTG PRO before any unit or part will be accepted. Replacement parts are sent out via standard freight carriers such as UPS / FEDEX / USPS. Parts sent out prior to receiving a defective Product or part from the customer will be sent C.O.D., cost plus freight. Upon return of defective part, if it is deemed that the part was not damaged by customer but failed, the cost of the replacement part will be refunded.
Custom Items (such as custom printed transfers or other custom printed items) are non-returnable for any reason and cannot be cancelled once in production. DTG PRO is not responsible for user submitted content (whether for intellectual property issues, spelling, grammar, quality resolution, or any errors or ommissions). It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that all materials submitted for printing or custom orders are provided correctly and that the customer has the rights to content provided or uploaded to DTG PRO. We offer no guarantee of "match-print" color fidelity and cannot prevent slight color shift throughout an order. DTG PRO does not guarantee color will match the preview as it appears on a customer's monitor or photos, because device colors vary, fabrics and heat press techniques and settings can vary. Print colors/quality depend in part on the image that the customer provides (resolution, colors, shading etc) but also on the selected custom print substrate as well. Orders can not be deemed defective just because you are unhappy with the print colors or quality.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold DTG PRO harmless for, from and against all liabilities, losses, claims, actions, expenses and damages (including attorneys’ fees and expenses including the cost of collection on any past due invoice) resulting from Your breach of this Agreement or use of the Site, including without limitation (1) any breach of foregoing representations and warranties, or (2) any actual or alleged infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, You agree to indemnify, defend and hold DTG PRO harmless for, from and against any improper or illegal use of Your account, including the improper or illegal use of Your account by someone to whom You have given permission to use Your account. DTG PRO reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by You, and in such case, You agree to cooperate with DTG PRO in the defense or in asserting counterclaims to any such claims and You shall continue to pay all costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees following DTG PRO’s assumption of control (including, but not limited to the right to select counsel and to make all strategic decisions in any litigation or other proceeding related in any way to the foregoing) until the matter is resolved, as well as any resultant damages.
THE WARRANTY AND REMEDY PROVIDED ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON- INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY, THEN ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD IDENTIFIED ABOVE. UNLESS STATED HEREIN, ANY STATEMENT OR REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY ANY OTHER PERSON OR FIRM ARE VOID. IN THE EVENT THE REMEDIES ABOVE FAIL, DTG PRO'S ENTIRE LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO A REFUND OF THE PRICE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY, NEITHER DTG PRO NOR ITS AGENTS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INCONVENIENCE, OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED FROM OR PROVIDED BY DTG PRO, WHETHER RESULTING FROM BREACH OF WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. DTG PRO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND/OR ANY OF ITS OTHER POLICIES RELATING TO OR LINKING TO THE SITE, NO NOTICE IS REQUIRED. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE CONCLUSIVELY DEEMED AN ACCEPTANCE OF ALL SUCH CHANGE(S). GOVERNING LAW, JURISICTION & VENUE IS LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, USA.