Terms & Conditions
- Before Buying a Specialty Printer – what you should know
- What You Will Need (not included in your purchase)
- Customer Responsibilities
- Limited Warranty
Before buying a Specialty printer
A specialty printer (such as DTG, DTF, UV, Transfer, Sublimation or other Specialty printer), will allow you to print your own designs to a variety of substrates depending on the printer technology. DTG or DTF for example will allow you to print amazing full color prints on light and dark shirts in just a few minutes. You can be doing short runs with no setups, no color separations, no tear down - and you are getting more than wholesale for a shirt – you will love it!
There is a learning curve to Specialty printing (much like screen printing or other forms of printing). It takes time and experimentation to become proficient and knowledgeable about your new craft.
The secret to success is proper printer maintenance and adhererence to instructions and procedures (applies to all equipment), proper pretreatment (DTG), proper use of PreTreat Sheets or Transfer Sheets (DTF, Transfer or Sublimation) :
- Proper Printer Maintenance takes 5-10 mins, details are included in our instruction manuals (print nozzle test / print head cleaning / wet capping etc)
- Proper Pretreatment is necessary for DTG printing (separate pre-treatment hand sprayer or automatic sprayer are needed, as well as heat press)
You may have to work on and troubleshoot your printer at some point. Between user error and just the effects of use over time you may encounter errors and will learn to fix them, with DTG PRO’s assistance.
You may need to climate control your print room. DTG works best in 70 -75 degrees and humidity from 45% - 60%. (50% + is needed at times). A humidifier may be needed if you have unusually low humidity in your environment.
Inks will clog if not used often, especially if the printer is left idle more than a couple of days or proper maintenance is not conducted. There are many unclogging procedures available to you (including the printer’s self-cleaning function, and a more forceful manual flush with our flush system).
Never take customer orders until you have learned how to use the printer and pretreatment.
Every day that you use the printer you will need to do Maintenance. A routine of 5-10 minutes of cleaning the printer prior to using, is easy and quick.
Join a community of users, such as online user groups and forums for T-shirt printing. You will learn and share knowledge that will be valuable to you and your business.
Ensure you have RIP software (such as Kothari, AcroRIP, PartnerRIP, CADLINK etc.) if none is provided with your purchase.
What you will need (not included in your purchase, and varies by Specialty printer type DTG, DTF, etc):
- Windows 7 or higher Computer (PC) with an available USB port. Artwork design software like Gimp, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW
- RIP Software (if not already included in your purchase) and RIP software training or support. We do not support RIP software, we only have the ability to share what other users are having success with.
- Heat press for curing the pretreatment and final prints. We recommend a 16x20 inch press.
- Wagner Hand Sprayer or Automatic pretreat machine to apply pretreatment, required for printing with white ink to dark garments with DTG
- A Humidifier to keep the humidity above 40% in the print room, if you have low humidity in your room / environment
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide a clean and climate friendly work space to print in.
Humidity of 40% - 70% and temperatures of 70 – 75 degrees Fahrenheit must be maintained at all times while ink is installed in printer. Failure to keep these tolerances may cause clogging and other issues that will then require extensive cleaning measures.
- Understanding that inks are water-based textile inks and will clog the Printheads if the machine is left unused for more than a couple of days (and the humidity/temperature climate is not optimal). Clogging is nothing to be scared of, if it occurs, you can resolve the clogs via a number of simple procedures (such as utilizing the cleaning function on the printer, or for a more advanced clean, you could flush the printheads with our provided flush system). To avoid and/or resolve clogs, you needto perform daily / weekly maintenance, and/or print frequently to keep the ink flowing. Maintenance takes 5 mins a day and can be part of your daily standard operating procedures.
- Understand and acknowledge that Printheads, Capping stations, and any other items that come in contact with ink and/or are subject to wear and tear or consumable are not covered under our warranty.
- Use DTGPRO or DTFPRO printer approved inks, supplies, and equipment to achieve results claimed.
- Retain shipping crate or original packaging for 30-90 days and until no longer needed.
- Agree to perform simple daily and weekly maintenance, including keeping print heads and capping stations cleaned.
- Apply all pretreatment in a separate room isolated from the printer Printhead and other sensitive parts.
- Agree and understand that our Specialty printers are assembled to order, sales are final and no returns or refunds are permitted. Order cancellation requests by the customer prior to the shipping out of your items are at the discretion of DTG PRO - should a cancellation request be approved after the build of your order has commenced, the order will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- For orders placed that are approved for partial payment options (deposit payment only orders), the balance of payment will be due and payable when your order is ready to ship. We will reach out to you when your order is ready to ship and provide you with a 7 day window within which you need to make the balance of payment. The balance of payment will be required via cashiers check or ACH / Wire Transfer. If you are unable to complete the purchase of your order or you need to cancel your order for any reason, your order will be subject to the 15% restocking fee (15% of the order total).
- All issues must be remedied per warranty.
- Customer may be required to do troubleshooting and repairs with DTG PRO’s help and direction.
DTGPRO warrants the "Products" (Printers, Heat Presses, Heating Stations or any other Equipment or product that is offered for sale or is sold by us and/or that the customer may buy) to be free from defects in workmanship and materials (warranty does not include consumable or wear and tear items such as printing heads, ink cartridges, capping stations, inks, films, solutions etc. which are subject to wear and tear and/or consumable over time). Specialty printer Products are modified or rebuilt using OEM parts, printers or engines. The original warranty by the OEM printer / engine manufacturers (such as Epson ® , Ricoh ® , etc) is voided , customers should not expect nor contact the OEM printer manufacturer for support or warranty, all warranty claims should be addressed to DTGPRO directly as DTGPRO is the direct provider of the warranty. The warranty is valid for a period of up to 180 days from date of purchase (unless stated lower on the product page) for parts and labor provided that the unit is properly maintained and operated under normal use. This warranty does not authorize any on-site repair and is considered to be a “depot” warranty which requires that the unit or defective part must be returned freight prepaid to DTGPRO in CA for repair. Warranty does not cover (a) Physical damage to the Product; (b) Damage caused by improper installation, improper or abnormal use, misuse, neglect or accident (including but not limited to transporting the Product without the proper preparation and/or packaging). This limited warranty is VOID if The Product has been altered or modified in any way (including but not limited to attempted warranty repair without authorization from DTGPRO and/or alteration/removal of the serial number).
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless DTGPRO, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (collectively the "Service Providers") from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your product usage (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person using the product in an incorrect manner
Replacement parts such as print heads are available from either DTGPRO and/or various alternative suppliers. Should a return for repair be necessary, DTG PRO will provide assistance locating an approved shipping company. The unit must be insured for the full retail value. If the unit is shipped by a non-approved company or is not in original packaging when it arrives, DTG PRO reserves the right to refuse the shipment. These steps eliminate potential for damage in shipping.
Although every effort has been made to provide accurate specifications, DTGPRO does not assume any liability for damages, whether consequential or incidental, that may result from the use or misuse of this product or from damage caused by unit modifications made by the user. DTG PRO reserves the right to alter specifications in the manufacture of its products.
It is understood and agreed that DTGPRO ’s liability in contract, in tort, under any warranty, in negligence, in strict liability or otherwise shall not exceed the return of the amount of the purchased price paid by Buyer. Not withstanding the foregoing provision, under no circumstances shall DTG PRO be liable for special, indirect, contingent or consequential damages (including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of use or production or loss of capital), even if it has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The price stated for the equipment is a consideration in limiting DTG PRO ’s liability. No action regardless of form, arising out of the transactions under this Agreement may be brought by Buyer more than two (1) year after the cause of action has occurred. Our warranty as specified is exclusive and no other warranty, whether written or oral, is expressed or implied. DTG PRO specifically disclaims the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
This warranty initiates from date of shipment to original customer. It is non-transferable.
This warranty does not extend to the print head or expendable parts such as dampers. This warranty does not cover a unit that has been subject to misuse, neglect, negligence, accident, or unit that has been operated in any way contrary to the manual and operating procedures specified by DTG PRO. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from improper maintenance, lack of proof of maintenance as outlined by DTG PRO, improper shipping, damage caused by disasters, such as fire, flood, and lightning, improper electrical current, software problems, interaction with non-DTG PRO products, or service other than by DTG PRO .
Written authorization must be obtained from DTG PRO before any unit or part will be accepted. Replacement parts are sent out via standard freight carriers such as UPS / FEDEX / USPS. Parts sent out prior to receiving a defective Product or part from the customer will be sent C.O.D., cost plus freight. Upon return of defective part, if it is deemed that the part was not damaged by customer but failed, the cost of the replacement part will be refunded.
THE WARRANTY AND REMEDY PROVIDED ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON- INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY, THEN ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD IDENTIFIED ABOVE. UNLESS STATED HEREIN, ANY STATEMENT OR REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY ANY OTHER PERSON OR FIRM ARE VOID. IN THE EVENT THE REMEDIES ABOVE FAIL, DTG PRO ’S ENTIRE LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO A REFUND OF THE PRICE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY, NEITHER DTG PRO NOR ITS AGENTS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INCONVENIENCE, OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, WHETHER RESULTING FROM BREACH OF WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.