This UVMAX DUAL HEAD UV Printer (GEN 3) - UV LED Direct to Substrate Printer is capable of being used as either a DIRECT TO SUBSTRATE UV PRINTER ( UVDIRECT ™ ), or as a UVDTF ® PRINTER. This UVDTF printing system is a workhorse UV COMMERCIAL STYLE printer offered at an ultra-affordable price compared to similar systems sold elsewhere for double the price. It produces durable and intense color prints, is built on an Epson engine, professionally modified and enhanced by DTF PRO. It features durable drive train and motors.
What makes DTF PRO systems so cost effective?
DTF PRO has over a decade of experience manufacturing for other popular brands and distributors. Buying DTF PRO means buying manufacturer direct, without the markups that go into other brands due to marketing and distribution or due to fancy casings that often drive the price unnecessarily up (you could pay over $20,000 for similar systems from other UV printer providers).
This printer is capable of both DIRECT TO SUBSTRATE PRINTING, as well as UVDTF® Printing (owing to its ability to print white ink, color ink and varnish in the same pass). This is because for UVDTF® Printing, it is highly recommended to print a layer of varnish on top of the printed colors.
What is UVDIRECT ™ Printing?
You can use this printer to print directly to almost all hard substrate materials including Puzzles, Canvas, Cell Phone Cases, Leather, Glass, Labels, Metal, Crystal, KT Board, Plastic, Ceramic, Aluminum, Acrylic, PVC, ABS, EVA, Plastic, Mobile Power Banks / Chargers, Stone, U disks / Thumb Drives, Silica Gel, PVC card , U disk , Golf balls, ball pens , phone cases, etc. including to cylindrical objects (such as bottles) utilizing the Bottle Rotary Platen (included). Accessory jigs may be required for holding your printable items in place. Different pretreatment / sprays may be required to coat your substrate before printing.
What is UVDTF ® Printing?
UVDTF® is a process by which you can use this printer to print to UVDTF sheets. Instead of printing directly to hard objects as you would with UVDIRECT printing (which could be limited in production environments, owing to only being able to print to 1 object at a time, or limited to materials that are not iregularly shaped), you can print insetad with your UV printer to UVDTF® Sheets, 1 image at a time, or multiple images at a time, essentially creating a UV printed sticker sheet (with 1 or multiple images). Then simply peel and transfer your UV "stickers" to your hard objects. Great for irregular materials, curved materials, and ultra-tall or very large materials, that otherwise may not be possible to print directly to).
NOTE: While the UVDTF® produced stickers are water-resistant and wear-resistant, they are not as resistant to the elements as direct to substrate UV printing.
Procedure for UVDTF® Printing:
- Print to A film (print with UVDTF ink & Varnish)
- Laminate A film to B film (use of a Laminator is required, set Temp to 195F and laminate at SLOW speed)
- Peel and apply
FEATURES / SPECIFICATIONS:
- WIMS (white ink management) - white ink circulation system, typically found only on $20,000+ systems
- Dual Printheads (includes 2 x Epson XP600 printheads)
- 12 Channels (CMYKWW + VVVVVV), where V = varnish, W = White
- Printing Speed up to 20x30cm/12PASS/1minute (7.8 inches x 11.8 inches)
- Max Printing Resolution 5760x1440dpi (32pass)
- Printer Dimensions: 890x890x660 mm (35 inches x 35 inches x 26 inches)
- Max Printing Size 330mm x 600 mm (12.9 inches x 23 inches)
- Height Adjustment up to 18cm (7 inches)
- Automatic Height Adjustment featuring Infrared automatic height measurement
- Proprietary combination rapid water cooling system + air cooling system to better protect the printed object
- Auto cleaning function
- Includes RIP
- Built in UV lamp (to cure the UV ink)
- Prints to white and dark substrates
- Print on Demand (print as low as 1 unit per design, on demand)
6 Month Warranty: DTG PRO offers a 6 month warranty which pertains to replacement of faulty materials during the first six months from the date of purchase of the machine (except for damage caused or other that does not depend on manufacturing defects). Consumable parts are excluded from the warranty, such as: print heads, dampers, inks (such consumable parts are available as spare parts if needed.) See the full warranty details on our guarantee page and the DTG PRO terms and conditions.
What is included with this purchase:
- 1 x DTFPRO UVMAX™ DUAL UV printer
- 1 x RIP Software
- Now also includes:
- Free Rotary - for printing direct to bottles or cylindrical objects ($799 value)
- 90 minutes onboarding training/support focused on your success
What's NOT Included but you may need:
- Windows 7 or higher Computer (PC) with an available USB port
- UV ink (for UVDIRECT printing) or UVDTF ink/varnish, UVDTF Sheets (for UVDTF printing)
- Laminator (for UVDTF)
- Humidifier (to keep the humidity above 40% in the print room)
- Additional Personal Training (2 Hour Personal Training Sessions are sold separately, the purchase of this item comes with standard online instructions for self-directed learners as well as 90 minutes of onboarding/training at no additional cost)
Special order item, approx 4 week lead time, unless item is listed on QUICKSHIP which means it is in stock.
Color and style of equipment is subject to availability, image is a representation, actual design may vary. Contact us for expedited requests if available.
UVDTF usage requires careful use of Printing with Gloss Varnish, Temperature, Pressure and Technique of release for optimal application results. In addition some substrates will require adhesion promoter chemical to clean the surface and ensure good adhesion. Use of Heating Roll laminator is required.